Thirsty man accidentally drinks candle wax after mistaking it for water

A man was thirsty in the middle of the night so reached over to his bedside table to take a sip of water, but accidentally picked up a candle and drank the molten wax

A thirsty man accidentally drank candle wax after mistaking it for water in the middle of the night.

Sharing his story anonymously, the man said that he was left with wax coating his teeth and the roof of his mouth after the embarrassing blunder.

He said that he woke up thirsty in the middle of the night and reached over to his bedside table in search of some water, even though he doesn’t usually keep it there.

In his sleepy state, the man grabbed the first thing he put his hands on, which happened to be a candle, and poured the liquid within into his mouth.

Telling his story on Reddit, the man said: “This was one of the strangest things I’ve experienced but I can’t help and laugh at how ridiculous it was.

“I woke up very groggy and very thirsty in the middle of the night, in the darkness I just reached to my nightstand to feel for my water, which is weird because I keep my water on my floor next to my bed.

“I grabbed the first round thing I could find and it just so happened to be a candle on the warmer. I didn’t realize it until I had a mouthful of warm sweet rosemary vanilla candle wax.

“I spit it out but not before it coated my teeth and the roof of my mouth. Scraping all that off was annoying.

“I don’t know exactly what was going through my mind but I just wish I could’ve seen myself drinking the candle wax because I still don’t understand it.”

The man’s story was popular with other Reddit users and many commented on his post.

One said: “Damn you waterproofed your mouth. You’ll be able to drink so much faster without all that drag.”

While another added: “Ugh… I’m still gagging after reading this.”

And, referencing a classic episode of The Simpsons, another said: “Now you can become feared at the local chili cook-off.”